VMware has just released a major update to vCenter Server 6.5 with a plenty of exciting features including:
- Ability to run the vCenter Server Appliance GUI and CLI installers on Microsoft Windows 2012 x64 bit, Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 x64 bit, Microsoft Windows 2016 x64 bit, and macOS Sierra
- vSAN software upgrades through integration with vSphere Update Manager
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2016, Microsoft SQL Server 2016 SP1, and Microsoft SQL Server 2014 SP2 as external databases for vCenter Server
- Improved HTML5-based vSphere Client
- Increased configuration maximums for the Linked vCenter Server instances
- vSphere Replication updates
- Driver updates and hips of resolved issue.
The following products have been updated:
- VMware vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1
- VMware ESXi 6.5 Update 1
- VMware vSphere Replication 6.5.1
- VMware Tools 10.1.10
- VMware vSAN Witness Appliance, some automation tools and SDKs.
Updated packages can be found here.
More information about new features is available following those links:
- vSphere 6.5 Update 1 is the Update You’ve Been Looking For!
- vSphere 6.5 Update 1 – Under the Hood
- Second vSphere Client (HTML5) update in vSphere 6.5U1
- Introducing vSAN 6.6.1 and New Operational Savings
- vSAN 6.6.1 with VUM Integration.
I have a few support requests with VMware GSS open, which should be resolved in this release of the product.
Will keep you posted after upgrading my environment and finishing testing.